A relaxed, professional, authentic wine experience at the winery, and so close to Sydney city!
"A brilliant day, so fantastic to see one of Sydney's hidden gems
that I would otherwise never have known about. So much history and beauty. Tizzana
winery was beautiful, hosts were knowledgeable and friendly. Food was great,
wines were great." - R.M, Sydney
Departing from central Sydney, in about one hour we take you to a whole new world of wine. In a fun and busy five hours you will hear about, see, smell and taste a variety of wines and try some yummy tapas to go with them.
The tour takes you to Tizzana Winery (dating from 1877) on the Hawkesbury River. Here you will be introduced to and taste some delicious Sydney wines from various local wineries, accompanied by
delicious tapas (healthy snacks).
This is a typical wine tasting menu from 4 local producers:
Bull Ridge Estate - Vermentino and Durif
JoJo's Jetty Wines - Semillon and Shiraz
Jubilee Vineyard Estate - Chambourcin and Verdelho
Tizzana Winery - Tannat and “Clarissa” Tannat/Shiraz/Petit Verdot
Weather permitting there is also a ‘vines tutorial’ where the winemaker shows you how the grapes are grown, the way the weather influences the flavour of wine, and what it takes to put quality wine in the bottle and on the table.
Then we drive you back to Sydney’s city centre refreshed and re-vitalised at the end of the half day tour – brilliant!
Click here for animated map of the tour
When Are The Tours Held?
This experience is approximately 5 hours long, mostly operates on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and is subject to availability.
The price is inclusive of all taxes, tips, wine tasting, tapas to go with the wine, the presentation at the winery, pick up and drop off (transfers).
The price quoted is for one person.
All participants receive an email after the class with the wine notes from the tasting, plus bonus items.
Numbers on the Day
We operate with a maximum of 16 people per tour, and need 10 bookings for a tour to proceed.
There are rare occasions when the minimum tour number of 10 isn't reached. In this instance you would be given 3 days notice in order to reschedule for a later date, or change your booking to another one of our other great wine experiences.
This experience is not suitable for spectators.
Most of this experience occurs indoors, and is thus not usually affected by the weather. The 'vines tutorial' may be held indoors if weather makes this component of the tour dangerous.
Casual and comfortable clothing is recommended. Closed shoes must be worn, preferably with solid soles and good grip (no thongs, sandals or heels).
- Please choose carefully as any changes to a booking up to 5 days before a class will incur a $25 administration fee (GST included).
- No changes (apart from attendee name), can be made to a booking less than 5 days before a class.
Guidelines including Dietary Requirements
- the tapas (snacks with the tasting) is a pre-set, individual serving with a range of choices, but please advise us at the time of booking of any dietary requirements you might have so we can try and cater for you.
- as the tour includes wine tastings, all participants must be over 18 years of age, unless under direct adult supervision. Alcohol will not be served to anyone under 18 years of age, or anyone deemed to be intoxicated
- all bookings are subject to terms and conditions, please read them
Central Station, Forecourt, Haymarket, Sydney NSWGet Directions